Cleveland Kendo Tournament
Wow, another long reprieve from posting on this blog... Anyways, this past weekend we just hosted the 18th Annual Cleveland Kendo Tournament. The turnout was great - there were over 200 people in attendance. I competed in both the mudansha, and to my surprise, the junior division. I did not do very well in either and went a total of 0-5 for the day without scoring any points. The fifth match was fought in the team tournament in which I went up against a Purdue guy who was pretty good. I managed to keep him to only one point. My first match of the day was against a big guy named Goodall who managed to score one point on me. The second match was against a 17-year old named Yuichi Kawashima from KEIO Academy of New York. I fought against two other KEIO kids in the junior division and was beaten by all three. KEIO is pretty much a completely Japanese school of around 400 kids and includes High School and College. The tournament was a lot of fun and was very tiring. The bento was not very filling, but the banquet afterwards was very nice.
Well, back to school stuff. Classes this semester are not very good for me as I am doing poorly in terms of grades (mostly Bs) and it will be tough to bring those scores up. I will try my best to do well on all of the finals since they constitute around 30-40% of my grade in most classes. I've been playing too many games this semester - DOTA and CS:S are taking up too much of my time. I really need to cut back on all the gaming and concentrate more on my work.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home