Monday, December 05, 2005

Scheduling and Battlefield 2

It started snowing again last Thursday night. By Friday morning there was like half a foot of snow on the ground. Friday was not a good day since I didnt get that much sleep - scheduling for next semester's classes started at 7:00AM. About 600 people tried to all get into a system that only allows like 10 or 20 people in at a time. Anyways, when I was finally able to log on at 8:15, the PIN number was incorrect because I used the one at the beginning of the year. However, our advisors (also seminar instructors) were supposed to give us new PIN numbers. I ended up having to walk around and hunt him down outside his office. Going from there to class, I slipped right outside the library because I had been walking around outside too much and the bottom of my shoes were covered in slushy snow. I had my hands in my coat pockets, so I couldn't really stop myself and ended up hurting my left hand (I think I strained the 4th and 5th finger joints). I think the only person that saw me that I knew was this one girl in my seminar class (luckily only 2 people saw me, lol).

I definetly skipped the two classes in the afternoon and ended up just playing Battlefield 2 with guys from our floor. I ended up playing that game for like more than 12 hours over the weekend, especially a lot on Saturday night (from like 9PM - 6AM).

As far as scheduling goes, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, although it might be a somewhat difficult semester. I'm taking Physics 122, BME 202 (Pysiology), Biology 126 (Genes and stuff), Math 233, and a seminar class.

I was having a lot of trouble today trying to encode this DVD that I got. The movie is Charade; one of the actors is Thomas Chelimsky, whom we interviewed for the seminar interview project. He's like 7 in the movie, but I was trying to encode it to XviD just so I could keep a copy and share it (I also ripped the DVD directly to an ISO). I couldn't get GordianKnot to work properly since it kept on skipping so many frames during video encode that the length of the movie was reduced to 5 min. Also, other programs I tried didn't work well. I ended up having pretty good success with AutoGordianKnot, although I couldn't get it so that "no subtitle" is an option when having the avi made (there are currently two English subtitle streams - widescreen and fullscreen). I think I'll play around with video encoding some more if I have time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home