Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Thanksgiving

Well, I had a pretty good Thanksgiving break, although I think it was short compared to the breaks some other schools give (Stanford, Vandy). The ride home was pretty bad, with Greyhound being delayed some hour and a half due to getting stuck in traffic getting out of town. Got home around 11:30 when I left at like 3:00 in the afternoon.

Anyways, lots of good food on Thursday, took a nap in the afternoon and went shopping for electronics. This year, CompUSA opened at midnight, but they didnt have that much good stuff. I got a 200 GB hard drive at Staples the next morning for about $30, a 512 MB flash drive for $3, and some other stuff. I wasn't able to purchase the $20 DVD burner, although it might not be that good. I later looked up online why my laptop's burner is having problems burning DVDs, and found out that it only accepts "good quality" DVD+/-R and not just the really cheap crappy ones. I'll have to test out some more DVDRs from home...

Saturday our family headed to Cincinnati for the showing of "Legend of Shangri-La," which was a dance performance starring Yang Liping, one of the most well-known dancers in China. She's famous for her Peacock dance, which she did in the performance. Some of the dances were really odd, including the "Snuff Box" one, which was some "mating dance." In one part of that dance, a guy and a girl come on stage with the guy walking on hands and knees, and the girl with her hegs wrapped around his waist and hands on his ankles. When they got to the middle of the stage, the guy lifted his right leg like a dog and they dropped a doll of a baby on the ground. Anyways, it was pretty interesting and I got to see a lot of the Chinese School people there.

Well, that's about it for now since I actually should do homework so I can get more sleep at night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home